The ACI Foundation’s Concrete Research Council seeks to advance the concrete industry through the funding of concrete research projects that further the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures. The annual request for proposals is open now through December 1, 2022.
Proposal and funding parameters include:
- Topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research.
- Up to $50,000 may be approved per project for direct costs.
- The ACI Foundation limits research organization indirect costs to 15%.
- An ACI Technical Committee must endorse the research concept and participate in an advisory role to the principal investigator.
- An individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one submitted proposal.
- Industry partnering, and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged.
- All proposals must be submitted before the December 1, 2022, deadline.
Principal investigators shall follow the requirements in the published RFP Application Guide, including the requirement to contact ACI Technical Committee Chairs by September 1, 2022, to request endorsement of the proposed research.
Selection of awarded projects will occur during the spring ACI Concrete Convention and notifications to principal investigators will occur in the following weeks. Contact Tricia G. Ladely, Assistant Director, ACI Foundation, for additional research proposal information at Tricia.Ladely@acifoundation.org or +1-724-601-3075. Historical information on previously awarded projects and research is available at acifoundation.org/research.
For more information or to apply visit ACIFoundation.org.