Registration for the 2022 CoatingsPro Contractor Conference (CCC) is now open! The conference, which takes place Nov. 1–2 at the Tampa Marriott Water Street in Tampa, Fla., is being offered in conjunction with the Master Painters Institute’s (MPI) annual Commercial Coatings Summit. Both of these programs are part of the Association for Materials Protection and Performance's (AMPP) 2022 Coatings, Materials, and Corrosion two-week-long event, which includes in-person education courses.
Anyone working in the commercial coatings industry is encouraged to join and make connections regarding new technologies and beyond. To support this mission, CCC is offering educational presentations, exhibition space, and networking events designed exclusively for commercial coatings contractors, as well as for needs specific to their businesses.
This year, CoatingsPro Magazine is bringing leaders in the commercial sector together to meet the needs of the commercial coatings contractors. The conference features two full days of technical programs and networking opportunities to increase knowledge and help to improve bottom lines.
Meet the Keynote Speaker
Tony Piloseno, viral TikTok star of painting channel “tonester,” has built an audience of more than 3 million social media users who turn to him for paint advice, knowledge, and entertainment. In CCC’s keynote address, attendees will learn how Piloseno has turned his social media content and presence into sales, making him one of the largest online paint retailers in the United States.
In his remarks, Piloseno will share how he believes social media will impact the future of coatings. Highlights of this interactive presentation are expected to include:
• Why and how people are using social media to make coatings buying decisions;
• Ways to engage potential partners and the next generation of industry leaders;
• How Piloseno approaches content creation, along with the evolution of his tonesterpaints brand.
With Piloseno as the featured speaker, CCC’s keynote luncheon, sponsored by Florida Paints, will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, November 1.
Throughout the event, CCC will feature educational sessions for each area of a commercial coatings business, and the keynote address is only the tip of the iceberg.
Key education topics will include new technologies, safety standards, and overcoming industry pain points. To address these subjects, attendees in Tampa will hear from experienced contractor, inventor, consultant, business, and legal leaders on the frontline of the coatings world.
CCC’s complete schedule is available now, allowing attendees to start planning their schedules long before their arrival. Session topics and speakers are currently expected to include:
“Be a Part of the Process — From Start to Finish,” presented by Matt Jeffery, Chattanooga Floor Care
“Concerned About a Recession? Do These Four Things to Secure Your Money,” presented by Ariela Wagner, SunRay Construction Solutions, LLC
• “Guerilla Marketing of Our Coatings Business. ‘Action Is the Fundamental Key to Success,’” presented by Kevin Kipp, Hardig Industrial Services
• “How Specifying Contractor, Applicator, and Inspector Qualifications Help Ensure a Successful Project,” presented by Jeff Theo, Vulcan Painters, Inc.; Bryan Wood, University of Alabama; and Javier Balma, Walter P. Moore & Associates, Inc.
• “How to Optimize Online Opportunity With and Without a Digital Marketing Team,” presented by Heidi Brooks, VCP Sales
• “If the Project Is Dull, Dirty, Or Dangerous, Use a Drone,” presented by John Diaz and David Price, Greenman-Pederson, Inc. (GPI)
• “Navigating Material Volatility,” presented by Trent Cotney, Adams and Reese LLP
• “New Media, Networking, and News: The 3 Ns to Market Your Business in the Right Direction,” presented by Douglas Ford, Air Painters and Brick City Painting LLC
“Soluble Salt Contamination: Why Steel Surfaces Need to Be Clean,” presented by Courtney Chalifoux, Pond and Co.
• “Tethered Drones for Limited Surface Prep and Precision Coating,” presented by Bob Dahlstrom, Apellix
• “Work Smarter, Not Harder: Marketing in a New Era,” presented by Angelica Delmedico, Elev8 Consulting Group
“Your First Step to Coating Success: Substrate Preparation,” presented by James Arnold, Simon Roofing Products
Specific session times are available at the CCC website, and each day’s technical schedule will include morning and afternoon breaks to make time for Exhibit Hall visits. Speaker presentations are due by October 3. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet, Greet, and Be Merry!
While overspray is often a valid concern for coatings contractors, over connecting should not be! With that in mind, CCC is offering a pair of special, joint-networking events at which attendees can get together and talk shop.
All MPI Commercial Coatings Summit and CoatingsPro Contractor Conference attendees are welcomed to the following events:
• Welcome Reception: Monday, Oct. 31, 5–7 p.m., Exhibit Hall
• Exhibitor Reception: Tuesday, Nov. 1, 5–6 p.m., Exhibit Hall
Further details on all of the CCC activities, including registration information and exhibitor and sponsor opportunities, are available on the event website: ccc.coatingspromag.com.