Editor’s note: As of October 10, 2022, the upcoming MPI Commercial Coatings Summit and the CoatingsPro Contractor Conference were both postponed. New dates will be announced as soon as possible.
The teams at CoatingsPro Magazine and the Master Painters Institute (MPI) express their sincere gratitude to the many contractors who have postponed their attendance to commence the tremendous cleanup and rebuilding efforts in Florida following Hurricane Ian. Registrants and exhibitors will be contacted directly to coordinate refunds, and any questions can be directed to Meghan.Leyva@ampp.org.
To our readers and advertisers impacted by the storm, please know our thoughts are with you, your family, and your community during this difficult time.
The second annual MPI Commercial Coatings Summit is being held this fall from Monday, Oct. 31 through Tuesday, Nov. 1, in Tampa, Fla., in conjunction with the CoatingsPro Contractor Conference. These events are part of the Association for Materials Protection and Performance’s (AMPP’s) 2022 Coatings, Materials, and Corrosion (CMC) two-week-long program.
AMPP is teaming up with the Master Painters Institute (MPI) to organize this exclusive event, which unites different areas from across the commercial coatings industry while providing opportunities to get the latest information on current issues facing the coatings sector.
According to event organizers, the MPI summit’s technical program agenda will address the following industry topics:
• State of the industry update;
• Strategic shifts in the coating industry;
• Role of standards and quality programs in the industry;
• Presentations from architectural and specifier agencies;
• Contractor focused sessions;
• MPI Coating Standards Community general meeting and community of interest meetings for committee members;
• MPI Advisory Board meeting and information session for advisory board members;
• CoatingsPro Keynote luncheon on social media engagement with a coatings audience.
Featured speakers are expected to include Gregg Schoppman, principal and Florida consulting manager at FMI; John C. Pistorino, P.E., principal in charge at Pistorino & Alam Consulting Engineers, Inc.; Bob Payn, senior director of information technology for the National Institute of Building Sciences; and Ed Edrosa, MBA, senior product manager at Behr Paint Co.
Who Should Attend
The MPI event in Tampa is targeted for a range of coatings industry professionals. These positions may come from within:
• Paint and coating manufacturers;
• Commercial and architectural painting contractors;
• CEOs of architectural, design, and specification firms;
• Executives of professional services and consulting firms;
• Asset owners and asset management professionals;
• Architects and related professionals in private practice;
• Engineers and related professionals in private practice;
• Officials and representatives of federal government agencies;
• Officials and representatives of state and local government, including code officials;
• Standards writing or producing organizations.
Information and deadlines related to registration, sponsorship opportunities, and lodging is available at the event website. The event is being held at the Tampa Marriott Water Street, where the deadline for hotel reservations through the AMPP/MPI block is Wednesday, Oct. 5.
Event registration, which can be done both online or at the site, includes access to presentations after the event; coffee breaks, and access to the Oct. 31 networking reception.
There is also an option for combined registration at a discounted rate for access to both the MPI Commercial Coatings Summit and the CoatingsPro Contractor Conference.
For more information, contact: MPI, (281) 228-6446, www.mpi.net/mpisummit