Paul N. Gardner USA – worldwide distributors, producers, and designers of quality physical and inspection instruments for the paint, coatings, and related industries introduces its new offering:
The New Positector GLS Gloss Meter is a portable gloss measurement instrument for all surface finishes. It is available in three models 60°, 20°/60°, and 20°/60°/85°. All three versions are compatible with the PosiTector standard and advanced glossmeters and accept all PosiTector probes easily converting to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter, soluble surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, hardness tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage.
Positector GLS Gloss Meter Model Selection Guide:
- 60° Model: for measuring most gloss applications and is the preferred angle for semi-gloss
- 20°/60° Model: for measuring high gloss to semi-gloss and calculating Haze Index
- 20°/60°/85° Model: for measuring high-, semi-, and matte gloss levels and for calculating Haze.
This gloss meter series is a crowd pleaser with its Automatic Diagnosis and Auto Calibration feature, its fast measurement speeds of 60+ readings per minute, ergonomic grip, impact resistant holster, and auto rotating display with flip lock. Customers prefer its easy-to-use features such as the 2.8” color, impact resistant touchscreen, selectable display languages, on-gage help, statistics mode, screen capture, Hilo alarm and RESET. Its rugged, weatherproof, dustproof, and water-resistant gage body makes it ideal for both field or shop use and comes with a USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. Standard model stores 1,000 readings per probe.
- Conforms to ASTM C584/D523/D4039, ISO 2813/7668, JIS Z 8741, AS/NZS 1580.602.2
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NRC
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Store multiple calibration standards (tiles) for quick calibration adjustment
- Includes PosiSoft Software for viewing and reporting data with web updates via web.
- Two-year warranty on gage body AND probe
Advanced Model Features:
- All above features
- Storage of 250,000 readings in up to 1,000 batches and sub-batches
Differential Mode automatically calculates the difference between the current reading and a stored reference value
- 2 Powerful Scan Modes for quantifying large surfaces
- Normal - take continuous readings.
- Statistics - take continuous readings and record average, standard deviation, min/max, and number of readings while scanning
- Live graphing of measurement data
- Touchscreen keyboard for quickly renaming batches, adding notes, and more
- Wi-Fi technology wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology for data transfer to a mobile device running the PosiTector App or optional portable printer. BLE API available for integration into third-party software.
- Integrate with third-party software, drones, ROVs, PLCs, and robotic devices using several industry-standard communication protocols.